So today I decided to make one of my favourite home comfort meals - Thai Style Seafood Pasta.
Nothing beats having a big bowl of gloopy soupy luscious seafood pasta that you can slurp up, it’s very comforting and homely for me.
Its an original seafood pasta recipe updated with some of my favourite ingredients - ginger, lime and chilli, a splash of the orient to spice things up a little and give this old classic a modern twist
- bad frozen seafood
- 250g pasta
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli
- 1 knob of ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
1) finely chop up your onion, garlic, chilli, ginger and coriander
2) heat up some oil in a big wok, then throw in your onion garlic chilli and ginger on a low heat for about 10 minutes
3) then fill up a large glass of wine and pour this over the pan. then pour another glass and keep this for yourself (cheeky!)
4) turn up the heat slightly to burn off the alcohol and let the mixture bubble away for 5-10 mins
5) now fill up the kettle and set it to boil, and pour over the pasta and cook for 12 mins
6) whilst the pasta is cooking pour in the seafood mix straight into the wok
7) whilst this is all hapenning squeeze your lime into the wok and 2/3 of the coriander
8) now once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and add to the wok
9) serve up into bowls with a sprinkling of the leftover coriander and enjoy!